viernes, 21 de diciembre de 2018

Blog 9: Changes to my study program

Hello everyone! There is no much time left for the end of semester, and finally I’ll be able to enjoy,
sleep and rest haha. Today I’ll talk about my career, especially about its degree program.

Odontology in the University of Chile made a big change in its curriculum map a little time ago.
This change was focused in improve the integration of the knowledge in the different subjects, for
this reason we don’t work with “subjects”, but with “UTES”, which is like a combination of
subjects. For me in particular, I like this new system but I think they should do some modifications,
because there is too much academic load and a lot of stress along the year, which is not healthy.
And this starts from the first year to the last, which is the 6 th year.

About the curriculum, thanks to this same change from subjects to “UTES”, it’s a good curriculum
because of the integration of subjects and the practical workshops pre-clinical that starts at the
first year, something that doesn’t happen on other universities.

The infrastructure of the Dentistry Faculty is kind of poor, or that’s what I think. We lack of places
to rest and study. The cafeteria of the university is a dirty place and has no ventilation. Also, we
don’t have enough green areas.

The technology in the faculty isn’t one of the best either, but maybe it is enough for the little
space we have. But they work, and that’s important. But in other faculties the technology area is
amazing. Here they don’t invest on that.

About the teaching method, the attitude and disposal of the teachers is really important, ant
that’s something I like a lot. I think my teachers are really good, and they really enjoy what they
do, and enjoy teaching it, or at least most of them. Also, I like the method of first teaching
something in a theoretical way, and then doing seminaries or practical workshops about that, and
solve doubts in those instances too. This way we are able to remember and understand better the
subject.
Goodbye! Good luck to everyone!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario